L.A. International Airport - Susan Raye

Posted by Atish in

This was probably the first English song I ever heard. So it will always have a special memory for me. That of my father and the HMV record player that we have (Yes, it still works). And childhood and the showcase which had the player and more...

It's probably not the type of music you will frequently find in this blog. But what the heck. I remembered it today and dug it out from the net. It has this nice rhythm to it. I'm hearing it after ages and I still like it.

LA International Airport

Lyrics
[]

Standing in that silent hall waitin' for that final call
Says he doesn't love me anymore
Shaking hands I pack a bag Trembling voice I call a cab
Slowly I start walking to the door
The cab arrives he blows his horn I stumble out at in the early morn
Tell him of the place I've got to go
Cared a hundred signal lights paid her bills and a traffic fine
Gettin' through these doors that's been so slow

LA International Airport... Where the big jet engines roar
LA International Airport... I won't see him anymore

Stewardess in a miniskirt A hippie in a leather shirt
I started on the way to Naples, Rome
While I'm wondering where it's at I see a Paris diplomat
College kids are trying to get back home
Baggage car goes quickly by See my face and I start to cry
Stumble to the lounge to be alone
And while I'm trying to get some rest I bite my lips and try my best
To fight the pain that's making me leave home

LA International Airport...

With silver wings across the sky Paper trails and wave goodbye
To those below who've got to stay at home
I wish that I had flown at night So I could take that champagne flight
Rid myself of every tear I own
Soaring high above the heaven in a 747 Fighting back the tears that curse my eyes
Captain's voice so loud and clear amplifies into my ear
Assuring me I'm flying friendly skies

LA International Airport...




This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at Tuesday, July 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Captain's voice so load and clear amplifies into my ear

Typo

Captain's voice so loud and clear amplifies into my ear

July 21, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Post a Comment